From Technology in Tunis...to a Wireless WSIS

Emmanuel.K. Bensah Jr. has 59 followers on Google Buzz

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

HP Laptop update--the Mother of all Statements!

I decided not to go to Osu--in the centre of town--to get my laptop checked out, but go to the shop where I bought it at Accra Mall.

I spoke to a lady there, who wondered whether my problem was not a virus? WTF?! I explained that she could do a google check for HP Pavilion tx1000, and see that it is an HP problem!

When I asked about the warranty, she was reluctant, explaining that she doesn't believe that it covers the motherboard!

For God's sake, the motherboard is the, well, mother of the laptop; without it, it cannot function! When someone talks like that, it only goes to confirm that they're unwilling to repair it for me free.

So, the answer, really, is to pay for it; need to find how to rob a bank (hopefully my account!) over the next couple of months to get it changed and repaired.

Triple-bloody-OUCH!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • That sucks! But try and see if they could give you a discount since they won't do it for free. I will be getting my laptop (finally) this month and I'm so happy...an Apple. It's been a while, hope all is well.

    By Blogger Lady A, at 8:57 AM  

  • Lady A, yes it does! That's a great idea; will do that. In cases like these, expect the worst and hope for the worst seems like the best philosophy:-) Hope ur well, too. Not blogging much these days, are you?

    By Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II, at 9:48 AM  

  • By the way, Lady A, I've heard that Apple laptops are the bomb! Is that true?

    By Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II, at 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home