From Technology in Tunis...to a Wireless WSIS

Emmanuel.K. Bensah Jr. has 59 followers on Google Buzz

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Laptop's Final Destination: Osu, Centre of Accra

Finally, I was able to take my laptop into the centre of town. Once I got there, I explained that I bought it almost a year ago, and the blank screen was on acocunt of a congenital defect, as it were. It was no virus; just a defect from teh HP Pavilion series.

Am unsure whether this has stuck with the retailers, but at least they told me they'd get back to me. I'm happy to know that ordering it will take only 5 working days.
I was asked to return my laptop till they've placed the order.

Considering how much it might cost, I think it might also take 5 days, multiplied by 30 days to raise sufficient money to buy the motherboard!

Here's to a judicious calculation/usage of my money for the next couple of months!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • hope your computer gets repaired.

    By Blogger , at 6:17 AM  

  • secret diary--many thanks! On the advice of the folks, I might re-consider it being repaired and just opt for a new one...if it will be so expensive to repair. What a bloody shame!:-(

    By Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II, at 4:28 AM  

  • EK...as you know I am literally empathising with you as my laptop got damaged sometime last night. It is also an HP Pavillion and I have been told by their distributor here that the model is not supported in Africa.

    Seeing as I only bought this laptop in December I am too upset for words...

    Nana

    By Blogger Nana, at 6:27 AM  

  • Nana--I am so sorry to hear that, but it surprises me that they say they cannot fix the screen? Can your retailers not order the screen? Might be a good idea to find out how much it might cost, then make up your mind abt it. Only four months? Ouch!! Don't give up yet; at the very worst, you can connect it to a monitor; the only thin is that it defeats it being portable:-(

    By Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II, at 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home